Thursday, January 24, 2008

Had a Photo Shoot of ME!

Well this was an interesting week.... I had my first professional photo of myself taken in over 20 years! Well that is not true - 11 years ago I did have wedding photos.... So this was great fun! Bulldog Solutions has an amazing photographer who is in charge of corporate photos and so I had the opportunity to meet renown photographer - Dennis Fagan who happens to be based here in Austin, TX. Dennis was the official photographer for the Lyndon B. Johnson historical archive and took many photos of the Johnson family. The studio was wonderful. I walked from room to room looking at beautiful photos of Ladybird Johnson in a field of bluebonnets, and several of Dennis's amazing pieces from his equine fine art collection. Dennis was kind enough to give me a few lessons on utilizing histograms to ensure proper exposure... He also gave me some additional pointers on white balance and shooting in RAW format. I am hoping to have an opportunity to learn some additional techniques from him and see more of his work in the future. He has an equine exhibit opening up in Longview, TX in February. I'm going to get all the details on his exhibit and make sure that our arabian horse lovers in that area are aware of the exhibit. For more information on Dennis - check out: http://fagan.com/ You will be blown away by his portfolio... In particular I love his "MUSIC" portfolio - definitely impressive!

No comments: