Saturday, October 13, 2007

Going at Mach II

Well its been a heck of few weeks since last I posted... I got my RFP out to the State of Oklahoma - quite an effort I must say. I really don't know how I manage getting these responses done - mostly by myself with some help from a few technical folks. But its done and we are not awaiting to see if they are going to move forward with our company.

Reilly is doing well at his job - making his way through the politics and lack of process at his company. I'm just glad he is happy and enjoying his job.

My parents are moving to SC - and its been quite an effort trying to get their house packed up... I can't wait to visit them and see what SC is like. They shipped me my grandmother's furniture and my other grandparents piano. I would love to refinish it and have a music room at the new farm.

Speaking of the new farm - all of that is proceeding along and we are supposed to close on November 15th - I can't wait to move in. But now we have to get the facility set up for our horses - I really have to get on this - need some decent fencing and a better barn! We are going to have a ton of work to do - the driveway being one of the biggest projects... Riding on it now is NOT fun! But it will be incredible once its done. I can't wait to have clinics and a full service equine repro, training and marketing facility.

I drove down to Houston this week and met with the Pitney Bowes folks there. I felt really bad - had a terrible headache but made it to Houston and had some GREAT meetings. Looks like they have some really good prospects for us with counties.

I left the office in Houston at 5 and headed to Magnolia to photograph for Sumerlan Egyptian Arabians. I didn't arrive until we had full shade and I was not optimistic about getting great photos due to the light and frankly - my own exhaustion. Amazinging - we did get some great photos and Susan was pleased - what a relief! Its the fastest photo shoot I have ever done, and we did 5 horses in 2 hours!!! Wow! In fact here is the note I got today from Susan:

"Carol:

I am so incredibly happy with this photoshoot! There are so many that I like and I've only looked once at everything! Head shots galore ... body shots galore ... we need to be relaxed like this and just go for it every time ... wasn't alot of work or time ... great results!"

I think I should put that on my "References Page". I would like everyone to be that happy all the time.

Here is a photo of Susan's newest edition - a filly by Farid Nile Moon:

In other photo news I got this great email from fellow photographer Lisa Brady who I hold in high esteem. I was thrilled to get this! Check it out!

From: Brady Farm
Date: October 10, 2007 4:58:29 PM CDT
To: Carol Maginn , Diana Cantey
Subject: Congratulations Carol!!!

Just got my September Arabian Horse Times (two big issues), and your photo of Mishaal is on the BACK COVER of the first section!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful!!!!!!!! Looks GREAT!!!

Lisa

BRADY FARM - www.bradyfarm.com
Home of Genuine+/ (*Bask X *Gawra)
Pure Polish Arabian Stallion
BRADY PHOTOGRAPHY - www.lisabradyphotography.com
Specializing in Equine Photography

Sooooo - I finally have a photo on the COVER (back cover) of a magazine!!!! YAY!!!

Here is the actual photo that appears on the magazine!


The kitties are getting bigger now - I'll have to get some photos for everyone....

The week after next is a trip to Arizona for work, and then off to the US Nationals that weekend... I am very excited about that!!! Can't wait!

Carol

No comments: