Wednesday, October 31, 2007

US Nationals, Moving to the New Farm, Buying Fence


Well since last we wrote - alot has been going on. I went to the US Nationals and shared a room with Liz Salmon. The show was fun in many ways and dissappointing in others. There were a few horses that were beautiful such as the beautiful polish/egyptian mare Emandoria, but here were many plain and some downright ugly horses. What's more there were a few good trainers and many mediocre trainers. I was quite impressed with Trace Moffet and Dan Bergren, but rather unimpressed with some of the others.

Gazal Al Shaqab really has been doing a great job in producing typey babies who can really trot to the moon. I must say I'm very impressed with that stallion. I got a bunch of new halters from an Australian manufacturer and they look really beautiful on Special. Faukners has a great sale on leather leads and they also had these really nice brass chains. I got a great Dale Evans bosal for Reilly too.

I have 2 people coming to look at Special for breeding next year and I'm excited but nervous. Can't wait to see what they think though...

I orders stalls and fence from RAMM and so we are making progress on getting the new farm ready! its going to be really great - I can't wait to have a party there!


Carol

No comments: