Thursday, October 4, 2007

Halter Training, House Update, Stallions at Home...

Well it has been an interesting week. Last Friday I closed a $700K deal with the State of Texas - it was exciting to finally bring it it... Yea!!! Of course as soon as that deal was in - management wants to know when another one will come in. Well - I guess that is the life of a sales person. I would so like to just run a training and breeding facility...full tims - as my job... OR - I'd like for a Big Trainer to hire me as an assistant trainer.

After closing my deal on Friday - I drove to Sealy to help Marilyn get some photos of her fillies. I got there at 11pm and couldn't sleep till 2am. I was up at 6am and Marilyn and I got to sit down and have some coffee together - something I would like to do more often.

We had our photo shoot and got some great photos. Then we headed over to Michael Byatts farm. I really enjoy going there. All the horses are just so pretty. I fell in love with a bay Gazal Al Shaqab filly. I don't dare ask the price but I'd love to have her. Very cute filly. After seeing the horses and getting some fun farm photos - I got to take a halter lesson. It was sooooo fun. This gelding was so smart that he made me look good! That was fun. I was really tired after this and headed back to Marilyn's to download and review the photos. And then I headed back to Austin - totally exhausted. I did stop by Chili's to get Reilly his baby back ribs in hope of getting him to forgive me for being so darn late!

On Sunday we went farm shopping again and Russ found us a house on 57 acres with a stream and several ponds! We are thrilled and will close on 11/15. The house is newer so I think it will pass inspection easier. So I am imagining all the fun things we can do on the farm. There is also a huge metal building that we are going to convert into a covered arena or an indoor arena. This will be great for horse functions - rain or shine.

This was a very busy week again - I completed an RF{ response for the State of Oklahoma. I hope we win that bid! Today I went and got Special and brought him to our farm. He seemed to enjoy it alot. I enjoy him having some privacy. I had a person show up to see him today with no notice, and it was really not cool. Special was not brushed, clipped or washed, and he is not yet in good "show" condition. I had to send her away because I just feel that you never get a second chance to make a first impresson.

I clipped Mo and Special this evening - getting ready for the big Photo Shoots on Saturday... Its nice having them both home.

Carol

No comments: