Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First Day of Arabian Horse Training



Well - I just purchased a 9 year old Ruminaja Ali son named Aspecial Ali. He is just gorgeous and in fact I've never seen such a beautiful dry and typey face before. He is a very flashy bay stallion with 4 white socks and huge poppy eyes. He has just moved to his beautiful new surroundings and I have been considing what kind of a job to give him to do - other than simply breeding mares. Tomorrow we are going to get to know each other and just hang out and "discuss" what he would like to do.

I also own a 2 year old Marquis I son. It seems that he would also benefit from getting his mind on training. I'm very impressed with this colt's movement and feel he should make a nice dressage horse. Of course we shall see what he ends up doing best after a few lessons. We will also work on perfecting the halter standup with both stallions.

The purpose of this blog is to share all the fun and excitement an amateur owner can have training her own horses. The first two horses we will begin with will be stallions, and then we will move on to include my yearling filly as well.

Tomorrow I will get started and take some photos of how the day went...

Good night!

5 comments:

JessicaP said...

Carol!
What a great idea to start this!!! I can't wait to hear your adventures.

Jessica.

jmo said...

Hey Carol, what a great idea & it will be nice to follow your journey.The new guy looks great and how is the younger taking to his new room mate ?
JMO

Carol Maginn said...

Dear Jessica and JMO,

Special is going wonderfully so far. He is actually not at MY home - he is 5 minutes up the road at Terrasano where they have a first class training facility. We had a great day together which I'm just getting ready to post about. So Bellismo has not yet met Special - but I think I may take Mo over to see Special this weekend...

Carol

JMO said...

Carol it sounds as if you both have had a " special" day getting to know each other. One often reads other people talk about the bonds they develope with stallions but I guess you just don't realise how strong they can be unless you are in a partnership with one. Did you get to breed any of your mares with Special this year or is the breeding season over for you ? I hope Mo likes his new buddy ....JMO

Carol Maginn said...

Dear JMO,

I think I'm going to breed 2 mares to Special even though its late in the season. The mares would be Primabella KA and Makhnifique KA... Those should be nice crosses. But then again - who knows! Special only has a few babies on the ground, so I think I'll breed a few of my mares and see if I can get an idea of how he produces. I have a few mare owners who are breeding their mares but I'm not sure if its going to be this year or next. One has a Minstril grand daughter who is an Amaal grand daughter as well. Another has some heavily Bukra Bred mares, so we should get a wide variety of mares types to test the waters on! Should be lots of fun!

Carol