Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tuesday Update


Bella, Nikki and Maaria are at the Vet Clinic. Maaria was bred to Makhnificent yesterday and she had a 37 follicle. We actually flew the semen in and it was at 65% progressive motility. Today she didn't ovulate and was bred with the 2nd dose from Makhnifient KA. Dr. Fling will call me tomorrow at 9am and let me know if Maaria has indeed ovulated or not and if not we may have to order semen again.

Dr. Fling will check in and sonogram Bella and Nikki tomorrow and see if they have ovulated. If they have we are finished. If they have not - we will collect Special again and re-breed them.

Special is doing great at the clinic - so that is good.

I spoke with Heidi P. today and she sent me this photo of Special's lovely filly out of a Safeen daughter. I also heard from Steve Diamond and Arlene Magid about Special's pedigree and here is what they said below:

FROM STEVE DIAMOND

Dear Carol,

I glanced at his pedigree for you. He is a Saqlawi Jidran tracing to El Samraa of Omar Abd El Hafiz in 1924. She in turn is out of Bint el Sheikh. So he is a Saqlawi from the Bint El Sheikh line. In fact MAHRDEE GRAS's Sire MAHRDAN is also from the Bint El Sheikh Line through *Lebleba (Gassir X Sameera {Inshas}) also. Making her pure in the Strain (for Practical measure) Hindia the Dam to *Bint Hindia is also a full sister to *Sammara (The Dam to 1970 US National Champion Futurity Colt Al Mettrabi ++(By *Morafic) and Canadian Breeders Reserve National Champion El Hadiyi (By *Ansata Ibn Halima). Aspecial Ali's Dam line is the same family as Sameh. There is a chapter on the Bint El Sheikh line for more research in Judi's "Gold" Book" as I call it or Authentic Arabian II.

*Bint Hindia's sire ASHOUR is an Anter son out of the Nazeer daughter Ayda. Ayda is a full sister to SF Ibn Nazeer (A National Champion Dancing Horse of Egypt) and the sire of US Top Ten Mare Imperial Tiamo. SF Ibn Nazeer was owned by Hansi Heck Melynek. She was also a full sister to Lamiaa who was imported by Gleannloch Farms in 1970 but unfortunately did not produce and dies in 1973.

Another interest of note is that Sameera is by Mahfouz by Ezzat and out of Mahfouza. Mahfouza is also the dam of Hafiza (Dam of *Ibn Hafiza) and of Maysa (Dam of *Magidaa) thus Making Aspecial Ali go four times to this Abbayan Mare.

I hope this helps some!

Steve


FROM ARLENE MAGID

Ah dear lady, but YOU have horses I lust after . Have been to your website before.

You will find there is a lot of good on your new boy's dam side. Sad that the horses therein were not heavily publicised. I am a huge Imdal fan and the combination of his strengths with those of Ali are pretty amazing to contemplate. Could you send me a photo of your stallion please? Am very curious to see what he is like. I did a writeup on Mahrdan for his then owner back in the 1980s,believe it or not!

This is going to be a very fun project for me.

Arlene

I'm working on breeding incentives for "approved mares" who are known to produce. I may offer to pay for half of the Special baby futurity nomination as well as a early booking discount. So this is all fun. Summer sent me some new breeding contracts to day to use..

On a personal note I did have my heels injected today with cortizone and am hoping to recover from my plantar facia issue in 8 weeks which is the earliest I can recover. I'm going for physical therapy on Friday.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Awesome! Heidi's filly is just goregous!

Here's to hoping for Special babies from Nikki and Bella!


:)


Robin

Carol Maginn said...

Robin,

Yes Heidi's filly is really awesome!!!! Thanks for the well wishes and I'm so glad you are enjoying the blog. I also added a link to a new blog. If you do decide to start one for yourself - let me know and I'll link you in too.

Thanks again!

Carol

Robin said...

I have a blog, I even brought it out of mothballs lol...

It is

http://clipclop.blogspot.com

:)